COVID-19 has highlighted the need for balancing supply chain efficiency with resilience. As the pandemic continues to compound health system challenges, communities in heavily disease-burdened countries are disproportionately facing the acute health, social and economic impacts of the pandemic. There is newfound urgency to quickly strengthen essential supply chains, mitigate risks from future disruptions and promote equitable access to critical supplies and services.
PAE has been strengthening global health, food and humanitarian supply chains for decades. PAE works hand-in-hand with government agencies, donor organizations and local stakeholders to respond to humanitarian crises and development challenges around the world. We foster sustainable health improvements by providing integrated procurement, logistics and delivery services, along with technical expertise in forecasting, demand planning, strategic sourcing and warehousing. Our approach ensures that efficiency does not come at the expense of sustainability.
PAE specializes in agile responses to procurement, logistics and supply chain challenges:
- When the state of Georgia needed to meet growing COVID-19 cases with a scalable, adaptable, flexible solution for medical surge support, PAE responded by converting the Georgia World Congress Center into a fully operational, 200-bed alternate healthcare facility in just seven days, including facilities operations and maintenance. The team maintained strict containment protocols that resulted in zero COVID-19 infections among on-site PAE staff.
- When the government of Afghanistan needed help to limit COVID-19 outbreaks across an overcrowded prison system in early 2020, PAE responded by acquiring hard-to-procure personal protective equipment, designing and implementing infection control protocols and setting up and operating screening, testing and triage services.
- When violence and internal conflict erupted in South Sudan, PAE quickly responded to support the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees efforts to provide clean water and ensure access roads remained passable to continue to receive humanitarian aid. PAE drilled 56 boreholes, providing potable water to over 100,000 refugees and internally displaced persons. We also completed emergency repairs to more than 2,000 kilometers of impassable roads, as well as transporting and erecting temporary housing units.
- When Liberia was ravaged by the Ebola epidemic in 2014, PAE procured and delivered more $17 million of desperately needed medical equipment and supplies, deployed more than 1,000 personnel and had 10 Ebola treatment units staffed and operational within 60 days. Additionally, PAE provided clinical and vocational training to Liberian personnel to strengthen the country’s health system and deployed helicopters to overcome ground transportation challenges.
- When the World Food Programme needed logistics support to ensure delivery of food across South Sudan, PAE responded by providing technicians and logisticians to manage and operate a fleet of WFP trucks at a central hub and eight regional ones.
For decades, PAE has provided U.S and worldwide governments, international agencies and private sector clients with exceptional services that have a direct impact on people's health, safety and welfare. With a global workforce of more than 20,000 on all seven continents and in approximately 60 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. We have a well-established third-party logistics network globally supporting more than $1 billion in annual procurement, strategic sourcing relationships with major suppliers and a rigorous approach to ordering, quality inspection and inventory management. We have successfully demonstrated the ability to lead and integrate teams to achieve complex supply chain operations in some of the most challenging locations across the globe.
What are the keys to PAE’s rapid mobilization and low-risk solutions? PAE draws on:
- U.S. government-approved financial and procurement systems, ensuring clients have transparency on how and where money is spent
- Data-driven solutions that promote supply chain digitization and integration
- An international consolidation hub located in Dubai, UAE with distribution routes to Africa and other World Health Organization and United Nations priority countries
- Six regional consolidations hubs across sub-Saharan Africa staffed with more than 500 PAE employees, operational for more than a decade
- An In-Transit-Tracker Portal fed by a global network of freight forwarders on all seven continents providing near real-time status of material and equipment deliveries inclusive of trans-ship points, variances to expected delivery dates, automated messaging to interested parties and visualizations using Google Maps.
- More than 50 years of warehousing expertise across more than 60 countries leveraging systems in alignment with industry-recognized standards, such as ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 22000:2005 Quality Management Systems.
- Ongoing presence on a number of existing U.S. government contracting vehicles for rapid procurement, such as OASIS Pool 1 UR and other GSA eBuy schedules
PAE is a global leader in procurement, logistics and supply chain resilience. Whether in crisis response or routine delivery, PAE is a trusted partner.