Resilient global supply chains are critical for the health and wellbeing of people everywhere. As COVID-19 continues to exacerbate health system challenges, communities in heavily disease-burdened countries are disproportionately facing the acute health, social and economic impacts of the pandemic. There is newfound urgency to quickly strengthen essential supply chains and mitigate risks from future disruptions.
For more than 65 years, PAE has worked hand-in-hand with government agencies, donor organizations and local stakeholders to respond to humanitarian crises and development challenges around the world. We foster sustainable health improvements by providing integrated procurement, logistics and delivery services, along with technical expertise in forecasting, demand planning, strategic sourcing and warehousing.
PAE specializes in optimizing supply chain performance and maximizing the interconnectivity of systems, tools and automated processes to enable full life-cycle visibility. We improve supply chain elements including cargo routes, mode of transportation, asset tracking, material demand planning and management. We also prioritize data-driven solutions and enable data visibility through digitization and integration.
- When Liberia was ravaged by an Ebola epidemic in 2014, PAE procured and delivered more $17 million of desperately needed medical equipment and supplies, deployed more than 1,000 personnel and had 10 Ebola treatment units staffed and operational within 60 days. Additionally, PAE provided clinical and vocational training to Liberian personnel to strengthen the country’s health system and deployed helicopters to overcome ground transportation challenges.
- When the state of Georgia needed to meet growing COVID-19 cases with a scalable, adaptable, flexible solution for medical surge support, PAE responded by converting the Georgia World Congress Center into a fully operational, 200-bed alternate healthcare facility in just seven days, including wrap-around services and facilities operations and maintenance. The team reactivated when COVID surged to reconfigure the facility to treat more than 100 mid-to-high-acuity patients.
- When violence and internal conflict erupted in South Sudan, PAE quickly responded to support the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees efforts to provide clean water and ensure access roads remained passable to continue to receive humanitarian aid. PAE drilled 56 boreholes, providing potable water to over 100,000 refugees and internally displaced persons. We also completed emergency repairs to more than 2,000 kilometers of impassable roads, as well as transporting and erecting temporary housing units.
- When the COVID-19 pandemic jeopardized college sports and endangered the health of players and officials, PAE’s efforts helped the Southeastern Conference save its season by rapidly establishing pre-competition testing for student-athletes, coaches, officials and other staff at 15 locations, administering hundreds of thousands of tests by leveraging an extensive network of eight in-house and third-party labs.
For decades, PAE/Macfadden has provided U.S. government clients with exceptional services that have a direct impact on people's health, safety and welfare worldwide. Its staff of more than 350 in Washington, D.C., and overseas provide humanitarian assistance to victims of manmade and natural disasters and immediate and tailored support to promote peace-building in conflict-ridden areas, with particular focus on the health and well-being of women, youth and vulnerable populations.
As USAID’s largest institutional support partner, we provide unparalleled technical, administrative, and operational assistance across the agency. Our data development and analysis services help clients better visualize and understand their data by delivering real-time insights to inform decision-making. PAE’s Macfadden team routinely deploys full-fledged disaster response teams within 48 hours of a declared disaster and develops local capacity by training staff in the field.
How can PAE accomplish all this so rapidly and efficiently? By drawing on:
- More than a half century of related experience
- A strategic bench of medical professionals
- An extensive global network of laboratories and health facilities
- Highly developed humanitarian skills creating health supply chains in deprived locations with few to no resources
- An efficient business infrastructure with low overhead costs enabling competitive pricing
- U.S. government-approved financial and procurement systems, ensuring clients have transparency of how and where money is spent
- Data-driven solutions that promote supply chain digitization and integration
PAE is there for you. For safety, security, and stability, throughout the world, no matter the challenge.